Hello! My name is Dr Helen Hanna and I am an academic, originally from the UK.
If you are passionate about any - or all! - of these things, then I'd love to be in touch with you, so do please get in touch.
▪ PhD Citizenship Education in Northern Ireland and Israel within an Education Rights Framework. School of Education, Queen’s University Belfast. September 2010 – July 2014.
▪ Master of Divinity (Theology) Pass with Merit, Queen’s University Belfast. February 2006 – December 2010.
▪ CELTA (Certificate of English Language Teaching to Adults), Belfast Metropolitan College. September 2008 – February 2009.
▪ Master of Arts (Honours) 2:1 French and Russian, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh. September 2000 – July 2004.
▪ University of Leeds Teaching and Research Award, University of Leeds. December 2014 – December 2015.
▪ Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy. December 2015.
▪ Postgraduate Certificate of Higher Education, Leeds Trinity University. September 2016 – September 2017.
Teaching, training and consultancy
▪ Assistant Professor – Department of Curriculum and Instruction, Education University of Hong Kong. July 2020—ongoing.
▪ Associate Research Fellow – Institute for International and Comparative Education, East China Normal University, Shanghai. April 2019—July 2020.
▪ Director, Writing for Academic Publication. December 2018 – July 2020.
▪ Academic Consultant – Design and delivery of a programme for Early Career Researchers attending LDC-MLE Conference – British Council Thailand. March 2019 – March 2020.
▪ Visiting Researcher and Trainer in Writing for Publication – Division of Multicultural Education, Faculty of Education, Chiang Mai University. January 2019 – ongoing.
▪ Trainer in Writing for Academic Publication – full competitive funding from the British Academy to design and deliver a two-day academic journal writing workshop for Chinese education scholars, at East China Normal University, Shanghai. December 2018.
▪ Lecturer (Assistant Professor) – Teaching and supervising on MRes Education, MA Education, BA Education Studies, BA Early Childhood Studies, BA Working with Children, Young People and Families, Foundation degree, Apprenticeship; International Lead and Study Abroad Coordinator – Institute of Childhood and Education, Leeds Trinity University. September 2014—April 2019.
▪ English Language Teacher – Centre for Global Programmes, University of York. August 2014—August 2018 (summer only).
▪ College of Reviewers member, Compare: Journal of International and Comparative Education. 2019—ongoing.
▪ International Development Peer Review College member, UK Research and Innovation. 2018—ongoing.
▪ Winston Churchill Fellow. 2017—ongoing.
▪ Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. 2016—ongoing.
▪ Executive Committee member of the Society for Educational Studies. 2015—2019.
▪ Editorial Board member for the British Journal of Educational Studies. 2015—ongoing.
▪ Executive Committee member and Student Representative for the British Association for International and Comparative Education. 2012—2014; Member – Current.
▪ Member of British Education Research Association. Current.
▪ Reviewer for British Education Research Journal, British Journal of Educational Studies, Compare: Journal for Comparative and International Education, Diaspora, Indigenous and Minority Education, International Journal of Educational Development, Teaching and Teacher Education, Children’s Geographies. Current.