▪ Hanna, H. (2020) Crossing the border from ‘migrant’ to ‘expert’: exploring migrant learners' perspectives on inclusion in a primary school in England. Children’s Geographies, 18:5, pp. 544-556. https://doi.org/10.1080/14733285.2018.1548693
▪ Hanna, H. (2020) New Migrant and English as an Additional Language learners in primary education in England: An overview of current research and key ideas. Nichiei Kyoikushi [Forum] No.5, published by Japan-UK Society for Educational Research. ISSN 2189-4922.
▪ Hanna, H. (2020) Photography as a research method with learners in compulsory education: A research review. Special issue on Visual Research Methods in Education. Beijing International Journal of Education, 2:1, pp.11-34. https://doi.org/10.1163/25902539-00201003
▪ Kucharczyk, S., & Hanna, H. (2020). Balancing teacher power and children’s rights: rethinking the use of picturebooks in multicultural primary schools in England. Human Rights Education Review, 3(1), 49-68. https://doi.org/10.7577/hrer.3726
▪ Hanna, H. (2018) Présenter, interroger, éviter, dépasser le conflit de « vérités »: Éducation civique et « vérités » controversées en Irlande du Nord [Presenting, interrogating, avoiding and transcending conflicting “truths”. Civic education and controversial “truths” in Northern Ireland]. Revue internationale d'éducation de Sèvres. 77, 113-122.
▪Hanna, H. & Kucharczyk, S. (2017) Sharing the tools of teaching and research: the value of picture-books. SPICE Journal, 20th February 2017. Available at: http://spicejournal.org/2017/02/20/sharing-the-tools-of-teaching-and-research-the-value-of-picture-books/
▪Hanna, H. (2017) Dealing with difference in the divided educational context: The cases of Northern Ireland and Israel. Compare: A Journal of International and Comparative Education. 47(1), 17-31. https://doi.org/10.1080/03057925.2015.1119649
▪Hanna, H. (2016) ‘Everyone has to find themselves in the story’: Exploring the right to minority group representation in the citizenship curriculum in Northern Ireland and Israel. Diaspora, Indigenous and Minority Education, 10(2), 84-97. https://doi.org/10.1080/15595692.2015.1084922
▪Alhawsawi, S. and Hanna, H (2013) Post-2015 Millennium Development Goals Framework: Student Voices. Compare Special Forum on the Post-2015 Education and Development Agenda, Compare: A Journal of International and Comparative Education, 46(6), 834-837. https://doi.org/10.1080/03057925.2013.850285
▪Hanna, H. and Kucharczyk, S. (2017) How to Use Picture Books to Get Your Class Talking about Emotions. The Guardian Teacher Network, 26th October 2017. Available at: https://www.theguardian.com/teacher-network/2017/oct/26/how-to-use-picture-books-to-get-your-class-talking-about-emotions